Freitag, 6. Februar 2015

Winter Wonderland - chinaglaze and essence

Hello everybody!

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week and are excited for the weekend. Today I want to show you a manicure I did inspired by the weather we are having here. I call it Winter Wonderland.
I started off with a white base. Two layers of china glaze - White On White. You can see that it is not totally opaque, but for this purpose alright. I had a few problems with the application of this polish. First, the formula is not all that great. It was too thin and runny and caused flooding around my cuticles. Second: the polish went on streaky and did not dry very well. Balding occured with the second coat. Last is that I did not like the brush that much and was not that happy with the coverage. You may think that I don't like this polish, because I only put out the negative points, but that is not true. I do like the slightly matte finish and as a base it is not all that important to get 100% coverage.


I then added one coat of essences pixie dust to my nails. This created a finish like fresh snow. You know what I mean? I just love the way it looks when the sun makes the snow so sparkly and shiny when it was just formed a thin cover. Is is such a beautiful view.





Down there I got a little wild with my Orchids and took some snaps. Aren't they pretty?



In case you were wondering why I took all pictures of my right hand: I smudged a finger on the left hand and had to use it to take the pictures. That also explaines the sometimes weired angles of these pics. I am simply not used to hold my camera with my left hand... :-D

How do you like this Winter Wonderland on my nails?


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP