Freitag, 27. Februar 2015

Sinful Colors - Mint Apple & Polkadots

Hello everyone!

I can not believe that this is my 100th post already! I was pretty active the last couple of weeks. Since you only reach 100 posts once, I want to show you something special:

This manicure is inspired by my friend Melissa over at Posh Nails. In the header of her blog she has a picture of a gorgeous dotted manicure with rhinestones and I fell in love with it the minute I layed eyes on this picture. I changed the colours, but the design is the same. Here is what I came up with:
For this design I did not use a base coat. I started off with a layer of Barry M - Nude. On my ring- and indeyfinger I applied a second layer, because the bottom of the nail would be visible. I then covered my thumb, middle- and pinkiefinger with two coats of Sinful Color - Mint Allpe (947). Application of this polish was pretty easy. The formula is excellent and the colour is gorgeous. It is a rich mint with a bit of a silver shimmer.
On my ring- and indexfinger I also out on Mint Apple, but I only covered the upper half of the nail diagonally. After this was dry wich took a few minutes, I applies some large polkadots to my nails with OPI - Amazon... Amazoff. I can not say much about the formula of this polish except that it dries quite fast. As I was applying it to my thumb it started to get streaky. 
Amazon...Amazoff is a greenish petrol creme polish with a glossy finish. This colour is very beautiful and I have to try it on it's own soon!
With white rhinestones I covered up the line between Mint Apple and my nude polish. To make them stick I applied a thin layer of top coat along that line.


Above pictures were taken indoors with a flash. The ones below were taken outdoors without a flash.



This manicure is pretty easy to do. The hardest part for me was to draw a straight diagonal line. I only realised later, that it was not that important to get it done perfectly. It is getting covered with rhinestones anyway... :-D On my other hand the dots were a bit tricky, because my left hand is always shaking when I try to work accurate. Wich means that the dots are not as even as they are here, but it still looks good. So no worries!
I think this is such a cute manicure. You can do it in any colour you like.

What do you guys think about it?

You may also like:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP