Freitag, 25. September 2015

kiko - Pearly Red & Fall Stamping

Hello Lovelies!

Happy Friday my lovely readers! I hope you are well and had a good start into the new season. I am feeling much better today too and am almost back to normal. So today I want to show you a manicure I created last friday and wore until Wednesday. I usually don't wear my manis that long, but this one was so pretty and I didn't feel like playing around with polish anyway. I guess another reason that it lastet this long is that I was too weak to use my hands for anything else than reading or handeling the remote controle... :-)
But before I go into details to the finished manicure let me take you there step by step and show you swatches of my base colour first. This is kiko - Pearly Red (492).
Pearly Red is not really a red polish. In my opinion it is a wonderful and intense orange (leaning towards vermilion) crelly polish, with lots of micro flakies in it. I find it quite hard to describe, but as you can see it is very sparkly and shiny. The colour is perfect for fall.
The formula of Pearly Red is fantastic. The first coat is quite transparent, but with the second coat it is opaque. The polish applies smoothly and spreads evenly. There was hardly any clean up to do.


I then used a make-up sponge to apply kiko - Vino Perlato (493) to the tips of my nails and create a gradient with it.
Vino Perlato is very similar to Pearly Red only in a deep red tone. This colour is amazing and I have to show it to you another time by itself.
To get an even finish I applied a layer of Seche Vite over my gradient.


I then used a black stamping polish and the heart design from the plate shown above to stamp on all of my nails. I tried to place the center of the design randomly across my nails to give the design a more natural look. The hearts remind me a bit of leaves.


To finish this manicure I applied another layer of top coat to my nails and added a small clear rhinestone to the center of my stamping. 
I love this look. The gradient and the design go so well together and the clear rhinestones add a little brightness to the manicure. After taking the pictures I did add another coat of Seche Vite to seal in my stones too.
I wish you a very happy weekend and hope you like my fall design. Do you like the colours for this season?

You may also like:

7 Kommentare:

  1. The gradient is so subtle an pretty and together with the stamping you achieved an elegant and eye catching mani! I totally understand that you wore this for several day's! I am glad that you are fine, now at least you can enjoy the weekend! Have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Andrea! I too am glad to feel better. Yes, this mani is wonderful. I didn't even plan it. I just tried out a little bit here and there and it turned out wonderfully.
      Have a lovely weekend too!
      xo, Pia

      Löschen
  2. really loved the orangish red polish... the stamping goes well with it! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Absolutely love the pearly red, I will definitely get it for myself and the entire mani is amazing! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much! This polish really is fantastic. You should get it.

      Löschen
  4. shell we follow each other by GFC ? i allready follow you on google + dear PIA

    AntwortenLöschen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP