Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015

2k beauty - Mauve & Lilac

Hello Lovelies!

Today I want to show you two polishes from my 2k beuty set. As my main colour I used Mauve and added Lilac as an accent on my ringfinger.

Mauve is a dark brownish purple creme polish with a good formula. The first coat went on a bit streaky, but the second coat leveled that out beautifully. It didn't take too long to dry and has a very glossy finish. For these swatches I used a Maybelline base coat and no topcoat.




Lilac is a metallic creme polish with a slightly frosty finish. Ithe formula was easy to work with on the first coat, but the second one was a bit streaky. I had to apply more polish to the brush than I usually would for a merallic polish. Therefore there are more visible brushstrokes. I guess I could have done a third coat to level that out, but the bottles are so tiny and I didn't want to waste any polish on a perfectly opaque nail... Besides I wanted to add some rhinestones to my ringfingers anyway.


I covered Mauve with seche vite before I used an orange stick and a bit of clear polish to apply the trianglular rhinestones to my Lilac nails. After taking a few pictures I also applied Seche Vite to my ringfingers. Even though I was very generouse with the polish, tiny bubbles formed around the edges of the rhinestones.




I do like both colours a lot. In these pictures the Mauve polish appears a tad more brownish than it really is. In real life it was more on the purple side. Nevertheless I think the triangular rhinestones look really good! It reminds me a little of a tribal pattern.

What do you think about this manicure? Do you like your rhinestones in different shapes?

You may also like:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Feel free to leave a comment anytime! I will read every one of them and try to respond ASAP